Analyze your Audience
In this step, we expect you to think about the background of your audience. This exercise will assist you in creating your design documents. The questions you may think about:
- What kind of economic background do the learners come from?
- What kind of generation do the learners come from?
- Are they mostly undergraduate or adult students, or evenly distributed?
- Do they work in other jobs or take care of children/parents?
- How comfortable with technology do you think your learners are?
The answers to these questions will assist you in choosing the textbook, course materials such as software and hardware, the assignments you will expect your student to involve in. In addition, the answers to these questions will help you to figure out how much technical instructions you need to input into your course, what kind of technology will be fair to expect learners to use, how much self-paced the course will be.